Tuesday 10 November 2015

Outline

Thriller teaser trailers, through my own research, are the most popular and exciting genre of film and so this reason is why I believe my teaser trailer should carry the codes and conventions of a thriller teaser trailer as this will gain a large target audience. The music and sound atmosphere will be the most demanding element of creating a successful thriller trailer and so I feel this will best challenge me.


Whilst carrying out my research for teaser trailers I was deeply inspired by 'The Lovely Bones' and so I aim to recreate the plot and storyline of that film in my own teaser trailer.

Outlining my ideas for my teaser trailer is vital to inspire developments in the process of creating it:
The disappearance and murder of Emily Fields.
To enhance a more intriguing plot for the audience the murderer will feature greatly in the trailer - a voice over of the young girl will give the plot a twist (as though the young girl is speaking from the grave).

Plot - A young girl, while playing in a park/field, disappears - later pronounced dead after finding her body. The family is seen grieving while replaying the moments before her disappearance in their heads (flashbacks used to convey this). The murderer is an unsuspecting friendly man who spoke to the family during their walk through the park.

Characters - The characters involved in the teaser trailer will include the young girl who is murdered and her murderer who will be of an older- middle aged man. The family members in the trailer will include the young girls mother and her older sister. These characters are important within the sequence to emphasis the hurt and grief of the young girls disappearance and murder.

Locations - A country side walk area or park is where the young girl will disappear - this scene will be sued throughout in flashbacks and so on.
The killers house will be seen to acknowledge the character as the killer - blood and clothing will ensure the audience are aware this character killed the young girl.
I plan to also use the family's home as a location to show the grief and impact on the family in the moments after her death and disappearance.

No comments:

Post a Comment