Wednesday 13 April 2016

Comparing

Comparing my own teaser trailer to a real-life professional teaser trailer is a crucial process in the evaluation work whereby I am able to analysis if my production of a movie teaser trailer was successful.
Comparing my teaser trailer with ‘The Lovely Bones’ trailer will be a good way to see if my aim - to recreate that teaser trailer - was successful.
The first shot of my teaser trailer was the green-screen used in every trailer sequence showing that the trailer is official. Having included this at the beginning makes the teaser trailer look professional and so this was a vital part to the teaser trailer which I believe I done well. Google images was a good source for obtaining the green-screen template, however to add authenticity to my work I decided to create my own green-screen on Photoshop which only took 10 minutes to recreate as I had a template. It is important to include your own work in media productions as suing and copy-right should be avoided.
Flashback footage of the young victim is highlighted very much throughout the trailer for ‘The Lovely Bones’ comparing this to mine I have included some – however, if I were to do this again I believe more flashback footage should be included. This was difficult to achieve with the time limit of teaser trailers. Brighter lighting was used in my teaser trailer during these flashback shots which I stemmed the idea from the real trailer. I believe my attempt at this was success to separate the flashback footage and the kidnapping footage which was of darker lighting – again was used in the real-life trailer.
The overall sequence can be compared accurately as my teaser trailer has creatively adapted the plot and film areas of ‘The Lovely Bones’ trailer to successfully attract a large target audience encouraging them to watch the film.

If I were to do this task of completing a movie teaser trailer again I would have got new actors to play out the plot as I think the characters did not go well with the actors themselves and so this may have caused a disadvantage in my teaser trailer.  

No comments:

Post a Comment